Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!
I had a four day weekend, which went by way too FAST. Where does the time go? Days never go by so quickly, when we are at work. :)

Here are some pix from the weekend.

Maren and Josh colored some eggs on Saturday. Will,as I've said in previous posts, is at the age where he can't be photographed doing anything so immature.

But he did come in however, to have his picture taken with his sister and brother.



Joshua being goofy....






My 2 favorite girls........


Saturday evening we had a "Marathon Band Practice" at church, in preparation for the Renee Swope -Proverbs 31 event this coming weekend in Robinson.


Sunday morning, everyone was up early, preparing for church, and searching for their baskets.


I did find out Sunday morning that a phrase that we use to use as kids has taken on a new meaning for our kids. While Maren was searching for her basket, she was very close to where it was hidden. I told her she was hot-meaning close to the basket, however she immediately answered me with...."Well, thank you Daddy!" I had to explain that that was NOT what I meant. :)


Will wasn't too old though ,to still find his Easter Basket, when clothing and candy are involved.


We then were off to church- in case you missed it you can click here and then click on the podcast icon to hear the Easter sermon. After church we were back home and enjoyed a feast complete with ham and all the trimmings, thanks to the Mr. Crock Pot family of 3.

After lunch-a quick family picture, since we were all dressed up....



and then naps for Mom & Dad and then an easter egg hunt,in the snow....

Finally the evening was topped off with a trip to TH to see the movie College Road Trip, which turned out to be a good, clean family movie --which showed the hilarious extremes a father would go to , in order to protect his daughter, who was about to head off to college.

Well, thats a wrap!! Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I enjoyed reading the re-cap of your Easter! Looks like a great time. I seriously hope my kids don't see what all was in your kids' baskets, though. All they got was candy! (Am I too old to get a basket full of clothes? Man, I need to call the Easter Bunny.)

Anonymous said...

Mom Darlene said....
I am just a little disapointed
as i didnt make the final
cut as a favorite......

JenniferLayne said...

I can't believe you don't know about crunchy ham-Ham-HAM (that IS fun to say!!). It's not really crunchy, now that I think about it--it's just the darker parts on the outside that get more done. Mmmmm...I'm having trouble just sitting here now that I'm thinking about ham-Ham-HAM!!!!!

Jennifer