Thursday, July 16, 2009

A GOOD DAY!!

Well today was the big day we had all been waiting for-THE DAY TO FINALLY MEET OUR SPONSORED CHILDREN! Alot of people were a little nervous, myself included. Questions swirled through our heads the night before like,"What if they are shy and don't want anything to do with us?" " What if they don't like what we have painstakingly picked out to bring them?" What if.... What if....

But we got over it quickly, when we started walking to where we were going to meet them. The plan was, we were to be able to be with the children, from about 9:00am to 4:30pm But as we were walking, Dennis,who is a Ugandan working for Compassion and has been over coordinating all our stops on this trip, came up to me and said, "I just wanted you to know that there is some transportation problems for Felix, he is on his way, but it is going to be awhile. I'll have to be honest and say my first thought was "Oh no!!, I've traveled all this way and I'm not gonna be able to see him.

There was one other sponsor who's child was delayed in traffic as well. Everything worked out fine though. The other sponsor's child arrived about 1:30, and Felix ended up arriving at about 3pm. I was thankful just to be able to spend 1 1/2 hrs with him. But it turns out our tour leaders told me that since he was late, he would be able to stay and join our group for dinner at 7:30pm. So he got to enjoy soccer/football, and we went into a wading pool to WADE but Felix decided to go swimming with his clothes on. :) Felix was accompanied by his mother, his 11 month old baby brother Joshua, and his Compassion project worker, who also helped to translate what Felix was saying to me. So, he ended up getting to stay the full amount of time. His family didn't leave until almost 10:00pm

I think God had it all planned out this way for 2 reasons:

1.)Since Felix was not there yet,I was able to do what I love doing...Taking Pictures!! I got to capture all the moments of the other sponsors meeting there kids. I also got alot of shots of them playing games etc. It was an emotional time for some! Beforehand, we had kind of wandered how, everyone would be able to take pictures as we were all meeting our kids at the same time. Problem solved!

2.) I think Felix wanted to make a Grand Entrance. He was a fashion extraordinaire as you'll see in his pictures below.

Enjoy the pictures....and if you should feel led to sponsor child please click here


Sponsors were lined up on the left and children were instructed to run across and find their sponsor.


Group photo of all sponsors, children, & Compassion project workers,

No, I didn't tell him to put his right hand like that! He did it on his own. :)

This is Felix's mother, his 11 month old brother Joshua, Felix, and me.

Felix opening his back pack full of Goodies!


And enjoying the fruits of his labor.

Well, I have about another gazillion pictures, but that is all for now, the internet is painfully slow, and I have to be up early. Tomorrow we are leaving Kampala and heading north to the town of Lira. I think it is about a 5 1/2 hr. drive. We will get a break from driving as we are stopping at a Compassion Project along the way. We will be staying in Lira until Monday morning, and then heading back here to Kampala. We fly out of Uganda bright and early Wednesday morning.

7 comments:

Melissa Milbourn said...

Lovey, those pictures are AWESOME!!!! So very glad that God worked things out the way He did.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The pics of the kids hugging their sponsors were absolutely beautiful! And yeah, the way God planned that all out was amazing. Romans 8:28!!

Was that Felix in the suit? Look like a page out of a GQ magazine!

Hope the rest of your trip is just as wonderful.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Mom Darlene said...

I have to get myself composed.
Had some Tears while reading this.
I am so glad it all worked out and great Pics... he is adorable.
Thank god for all the blessings
received today for the sponsors and the children.....

Gretchen said...

Those pictures brought tears to my eyes Denny. Can't wait for you to get back to see them all. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Denny, He is so cute you need to bring him back with you. Cant wait to see the rest of the pictures. Me and moser are bonding well and she cant wait for you to come home. Love ya Darla

Anonymous said...

WHAT AN AMAZING TRIP THAT TAKES YOU FROM ALL OUR BLESSINGS TO SEE THE FRUITS OF WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOTHING. THE FEELINGS MUST BE OVERWHELMING. JULY 17,2009 10:30 AM

Kathy said...

Okay, I've got to quit reading your updates at work because I got all misty-eyed AGAIN. The image of the kids running to their sponsors was overwhelming...WOW. And I loved the ones of you and Felix. What a little man he is and what a smile! :-)